About this conference
At some point or another in our lives we will all experience what it is like to rely on financial services when we are in a position of vulnerability. These are the times when we need financial firms to be at their best. The Regulator has challenged financial firms to raise their game, to treat vulnerable customers fairly, and firms are responding. It is not a quick fix but an ongoing journey, one that will require firms to work together to share their experience, to improve practice, to build their experience of vulnerability issues in co-operation with stakeholders in the charitable and caring sectors.
This conference is not just how to respond to the regulatory challenge, but how we embrace it as a community, what tools and techniques we can use – and how we can set our vision beyond fairness to ensuring that everyone benefits from financial services, whatever their circumstances.
Attending will provide insight into:
- What the regulator expects of financial firms and how it views the fair treatment of vulnerable people
- What charities specialising in support for vulnerable people can teach us about their needs and expectations
- What new tools are available to financial firms to support the assessment and improvement of culture, processes, and practice
- What progress has been made by firms to date, and what can be learned from it
- What can be learned from other industries experience with vulnerable customers
- How customer vulnerability and financial exclusion is viewed in Westminster
This event is kindly hosted by