Duration: 4 hours
Timings: 9-11am, (break from 11am – 1pm) resuming 1-3pm
This 4 hour online workshop is intended to provide an overview of the key elements of the Client Money and Custody Asset rules set out in the FCA’s CASS 6 & CASS 7 sourcebooks. It is suitable for those with little or no previous experience in this area or for those who wish to refresh and expand their knowledge.
Please note: due to the longer duration of the course, it has been divided into 2 x 2 hours sessions (morning and noon), as indicated above.
The content will include
- The scope and purposes of the CASS rules and the impact of failures to comply
- High level requirements for segregation, including bank and custodian selection
- Receiving and paying client money
- Scope and the application of exemptions
- An overview of the requirements for client money & custody asset reconciliation and record checks
- Funding and timing requirements
- Record keeping and Evidence
- Governance and oversight, including the management of outsourced services